Buy and Sell Coins (45)
Search history (1458)
Canada Commemorative Silver Dollars 1935 to 1994
Canada has issued many nice silver dollars over recent years. Just about all of them are worth their weight in silver. Some specimens, if in very nice condition or issued as proof coins and carefully preserved, command small premiums higher than the raw silver content.
Check this link for modern Canadian coins with face values greater than $1 Canadian.
Here are the general rules for Canadian silver dollars:
1. Coins dated before 1950 have decent collector premiums over raw silver (more info below).
2. Coins before 1968 are made of 0.6 troy ounces of silver
3. Coins dated 1970, 1971 and 1973 are made of nickel and are worth a few US dollars
4. Coins after 1971 and before 1991 are made of 0.375 troy ounces of silver
5. Coins after 1991 are made of 0.7 troy ounces of silver
Use a web site such as kitco.com to find the current value of silver. Multiply the silver value by the troy ounce weight to get the value of the coin.
We have separate appraisal pages for these coins:
-- Voyageur dollars 1935 to 1987
-- 1939 Commemorative dollar
-- 1958 Commemorative dollar
-- Loonies (Loon dollars)
Tags: commemorative canada loon elizabeth queen woman man swan nickel king regina ii bird commemorates canadian commemerative canad canadaian commemoration dollar commemoratives candian elizabet lizabeth elisabet voyageur elizabith elizebeth loonies eliabeth elizabeths loonie duck elizibeth mans nichol male female queens womans nickle nickels women ladies boy ladys femal nikel feminine queem females kings womens lady princess nichel lsdy empress birds reginaf dollars doller dol voayageur
Coins like this one
Categories > Colonizers and Colonies > Canada